Are you still asking yourself how to find the right Australian digital marketing agency?
Marketing weighs heavily upon who your audience is. For instance, target business executives, you would aim your promotional efforts across LinkedIn and other professional channels. Instagram and Snapchat are where you will want to be if you’re targeting a younger audience. And Facebooks 2.8 billion monthly active users allow practically any company to generate results across this platform.
With new trends arising each day, it can be difficult for busy entrepreneurs to stay on top of relevant marketing tactics. This is where hiring an Australian digital marketing agency can reduce pressure, optimise your reach and master your strategy.
This article will discuss how to evaluate a marketing agency, the questions you should ask, and how to decide between hiring an agency or handling your marketing in-house. Here are our top 5 tips…
1. In-house vs Agency
Businesses have 3 options when it comes to their digital marketing:
- Establish an in-house team of marketers
- Outsource through a marketing agency
- Incorporate a combination of both in-house and marketing agency specialists
It is essential to weigh up the pros and cons of these options to distribute your time and money effectively. Firstly, establishing an in-house marketing team provides you with greater internal control and potentially lower costs. However, it can be argued that a team working on one project lowers creativity and productivity. On the other hand, hiring a team of experts usually comes at a pre-set, negotiable price and saves time as you don’t have to recruit, so you can focus on other areas of your business.
Nowadays, more and more companies are opting for a digital marketing agency compared to in-house options, simply because it is difficult to run and maintain. However, choosing the right Australian digital marketing agency is an important decision, therefore, we suggest that you begin by considering what your company needs are.
2. Determine Your Needs
Before you begin researching potential marketing agencies, it is crucial that you have a clear understanding of what your marketing needs are as a company. Particularly, having a clear understanding of what you want will avoid wasting valuable time and resources. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What do I want to achieve by outsourcing my marketing? e.g. receive expert advice, free up time to focus on other areas of my business, ensure my marketing material stays up to date with the latest trends…
- What are my overarching marketing goals? e.g. increase overall online presence, redesign my website, create a new brand image…
- Are there any particular areas of marketing I want to focus on? e.g. search engine optimisation, email marketing, social media content creation…
Then, it is important to consider ‘how much am I willing to pay to achieve these efforts?’
3. Decide on Your Budget
Most Australian digital marketing agencies will have a fixed fee structure that is up for negotiation. An average digital marketing budget can range from around $30,000 to $145,000 a year. However, it all depends on which services your company requires and how often you need them.
Some digital agencies tend to only tailor themselves to a prestigious network of brands, whilst some others have little to no qualification to who they will or won’t provide services for. It is important for you, the business owner, to be aware of how much quality you are prepared to sacrifice in the name of savings. The better the marketers, the better the content, strategy and execution your business will receive.
Keep in mind that digital marketing strategies are on-going, so your budget may fluctuate as your business grows.
Once you know how much you want to spend, you can begin researching some options for your digital marketing agency.
4. Do Your Research
As previously mentioned, selecting an Australian digital marketing agency is not an easy decision to make. This is why we recommend putting in some designated time towards research. Here are some points to consider:
- What services does this agency offer… does this align with and meet your company needs?
- What results have they produced for themselves… do they practice what they preach?
- Look into their past client reviews… what are people saying about their services?
Now that you have some options and have done all your background checks, it is important to make sure you have questions prepared to ask the agency.
5. Ask the Right Questions
There are many questions you may have in mind when it comes to information surrounding a particular digital marketing agency. However, it is important to make sure you are asking the right things:
Here are a few examples to ensure the digital marketing agency you’re meeting is the real deal:
– Can I see some campaign examples? (Email Marketing, Social Media Management, Paid Advertising, etc.)
– Who will be completing the work?
– How long do you keep clients for on average?
– What results can you promise me?
– How will results and ROI be measured?
– How will this generate me REVENUE?
If you’re looking for an answer to the question below, BUSINESSNAV Revenue Performance Management put the right plans in place to develop sales and drive digital marketing results, for a range of different business budgets. We utilise our team of financial and digital marketing experts to ensure every metric is being measured and every result is being maximised. This is how we help you navigate to growth.
Contact us here to get on top of your digital marketing today.